National disability organization continues advocacy, innovation with new dual purpose tool for SSDI benefits and return-to-work support – empower by Allsup®
Belleville, Ill. — Nov. 17, 2016 — Allsup announced today it has reached a historic milestone in helping 275,000 customers with disabilities to successfully navigate the complex and lengthy Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) process.
“For more than 32 years, Allsup has been driven to help our customers with disabilities access the Social Security disability benefits they earned while working and understand their alternatives when a severe disability forces them to leave work,” said Jim Allsup, chairman, founder and CEO.
More than three decades of commitment to the needs of those with disabilities allowed Allsup to expand its services—from coordinating health insurance benefits to assisting those who wish to return to work. Allsup has always been at the forefront of developing web and mobile tools to support its customers.
With empower by Allsup®, people with disabilities can assess their likely eligibility for SSDI benefits in about 15 minutes online. They also can get started with their online application with Allsup as their representative, benefiting from more than 32 years of SSDI expertise, user-friendly videos, and live customer service and support. empower by Allsup is accessible by desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile devices. Customers also can learn the importance of considering returning to work if they medically recover.
Allsup frequently answers questions about SSDI representation and outlines the following advantages for people with severe disabilities.
- Eligibility determination: With empower by Allsup, individuals can find out in minutes their likelihood of being eligible for Social Security disability benefits. The Social Security Administration’s requirements are stringent and include regulations regarding work history and insured status.
- Expert SSDI assistance: Allsup disability experts know and understand Social Security’s regulatory policies for the SSDI program. They can help inexperienced Social Security disability applicants avoid innocent mistakes with their initial application that might lead to a denial. This includes important features in empower by Allsup to help accurately complete their initial application.
- Advocacy: Filing an SSDI application with empower by Allsup provides claimants with convenient, online SSDI advocacy on their side. Customers receive representation and expertise that is focused on helping them to receive their benefits. This is not the same service offered through the government’s online forms.
- Hearing-level support: Customers who appeal their denial can receive SSDI representation for their hearing, assistance in preparing for the hearing, and someone to help present their claim for disability insurance benefits before an administrative law judge.
- Success: People who choose Allsup to file their SSDI application have a 50% higher success rate with their initial claim. An important advantage of seeking representation with an application is improved likelihood of receiving benefits at the beginning. Individuals who receive approval at the application can avoid the hearing, where the national wait time now averages 545 days, or 18 months.
To qualify for SSDI benefits, individuals must have paid FICA payroll taxes, usually worked five of the last 10 years, and have a severe work-disrupting injury or illness that is expected to last at least a year, or is terminal. Applicants also must be under full retirement age (65-67).
To determine your likelihood of qualifying for SSDI benefits, get started with empower and take our Free SSDI Assessment.